Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > DS708 cannot communicate with multiple v...
DS708 cannot communicate with multiple vehicles

9479 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-26 00:12:46

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    mikesab
    2012-10-23 16:26:23
    Hello We have an Autel DS 708 as of a few months ago. I've used it a few times successfully but lately it will only communicate through the OBD2 feature. I have done the 3.33 Update. I can read and clear codes but cannot get into the vehicle speicifc software to attempt to do things from Steering Input Angles to SRS , ABS and other things. I consistantly use the OBD2 adapter, everything is tightened. When I back out of OBD2 and and try to go to Toyota for instance, as I'm plugged into a 2008 Toyota Corolla, I get every time: "Tester not communicating with control unit. Make sure ignition is on, check the cables connection, check that vehicle battery is charged and Verify if the system is configured for the vehicle." Yes it's plugged in and has power. Car battery has full charge too so I know I'm covered. DS 708 It does turn on...Key is turned to onposition but not started or vehicle running at idle, whichever it requires. I have not used many scan tools so I am not very sure which cars it should and shouldn't be able to scan with more than the basic OBD2 feature. A list of Autel friendly vehices and model years would also be most helpful. At first I thought maybe these particular cars are not compatible with the DS708 but the next paragraph tells me otherwise. We installed airbags in a 2007 Honda Accord built in Canada for the USA market. First day it let me into the SRS system, let me set up the new airbags and then attempted to recalibrate/set the OPDS for the passenger seat. It failed due to still needing a buckle on the passenger side. Installed the required part the following day. Went to set the OPDS again and it said, "Tester not communicating with control unit....". and every since I cannot do any brand specific features with the Autel. I've since tried it on another 2008 Honda Accord. Also unsuccessfully tried on a 2012 Ford Focus, SRS, Steering Positioning sensor and some other issues. Today I have been trying to get into a 2008 Toyota Corolla to clear some ABS codes and Reset the Steering Positioning Sensor but again, cannot access anything Toyota Specific. Acts like the 708 isn't plugged in. I know theres been 2 other cars as well with the same problem. It's got to be something silly I'm overlooking. Is it me, is it my DS708? I've read the manual several times with no success. I haven't been able to find an answers online or in this forum. This has become very agrivating and we are having second thoughts about our purschase. I have to wait and then pay a 3rd party to do something I'm pretty sure we should be able to do in house. If anyone can shed some light on the issue it would be MOST APPRECIATED!

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    mikesab
    2012-10-23 16:27:22
    So much for my paragraphs above, sorry.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    mikesab
    2012-11-14 17:43:32
    Good to know!

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    luis708

2012-12-14 20:28:11

same here ,i just got it 7 days ago, i don't know man ,did i just waste my money???????????

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2012-12-16 20:30:51

we will upload the function lists as soon as possible. As for you problem, our engineers will check to see what is going on.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2012-12-16 21:38:04

Please use the Data logging fuction to report this problem to our server, then our engineers would solve it. For the data logging procedure, please refer to 4.3 Data Logging in our manual.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    autech1975

2012-12-20 21:47:33

great tool, when u r not sure just call the us support team n they r very helpfiull

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood

2017-03-26 10:48:36 (Reply to:mikesab)

hi,
    I am having the same problem. Did they solve your problem??

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    Benchmark

2017-04-21 21:09:42 (Reply to:Mehmood)

Im having troubles too  any answers yet

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    ghost106uk

2017-05-21 20:31:13

I'm having the same problem any tips or fixes
  Total2 Pages